NAT should not affect the operation of AV1 at all. The way AV1 works is that all communication, except control signaling, goes directly peer-to-peer between the robot and the user application. If both parties are behind NAT / firewalls the software will attempt to traverse the firewall using technologies such as STUN/upnp. If that fails the encrypted media is relayed through one of our (TURN) servers.
Articles in this section
- How do I connect AV1 to Wifi?
- What is the min. required access to the internet needed for AV1?
- The Wifi network is locked, what should I do?
- Which wireless standards does AV1 support?
- Which network security mechanisms does AV1 support?
- Do NAT/Firewall affects the use of AV1?
- What do we do if our network isn’t supported?