How do I set up Komp?
If you are the first one to set up Komp, please follow the steps below.
- Place Komp on a stable surface within reach and at eye height of the user.
- Plug the power cable (3) into the power outlet and the power cable into Komp
- Download Komp from App Store or Google Play.
- Open the app and press Create user
- You will be prompted to add a keyword. The keyword will be displayed on the screen after Komp has been switched on. Is the keyword showing as "unknown"? Read here what you can do.
- Give the Komp a nickname and create your own personal profile
- If you purchased a 4G internet subscription with us, go to step 8.If you are using another internet provider, please add WiFi now by tapping the Settings icon in the top right corner > Internet > Add WiFi. Choose the right network in the list and fill in the password. Press Connect.
- Invite new family members by tapping the Settings icon in the top right corner > Users > Invite others.
Users are invited by phone number, as they will receive a unique personal keyword so they can connect to Komp. This keyword is for one-time use and linked to the phone number, so it can't be used to invite multiple people.
- Once connected, ensure the Komp is left plugged in overnight to allow any automatic software updates to complete.