How do I set up KOMP?
KOMP is set up by a family member through the KOMP app.
- Make sure there is wireless network connection in the room where KOMP will be
- Place KOMP on a stable surface within reach and at eye height of the user.
- Plug the power cable (3) into the power outlet and the power cable into KOMP
- Download KOMP from App Store or Google Play.
- Open the app and press Create user
- You will be prompted to add a keyword. The keyword will be displayed on the screen after KOMP has been switched on. Please read this guide if you have received an invitation via SMS.
- Give the KOMP a nickname and create your personal profile
- Once completed, you will see that the KOMP is unavailable. This is because KOMP is not connected to the internet. Tap the banner to add a WiFi-network.
- Invite new family members by tapping the Settings icon in the top right corner > Users > Invite others.
Users are invited by phone number, as they will receive a unique keyword so they can connect to KOMP.
- Once connected, ensure the KOMP is left plugged in overnight to allow any automatic software updates to complete.